Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve - Later that night

While the missionaries were over, we watched a nice little Christmas movie and somehow, Olivia fell asleep during the movie. One kid out - it seemed too good to be true. She is usually the hardest one to get to sleep. Nate went down with out a problem too. Sam helped me lay out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. He was so excited, but went to bed well. He actually fell asleep after only a half an hour. Jer & I were thrilled, we thought Santa was going to come a little early this year, but a half an hour after Sam fell asleep, he heard Santa's bells. Of course he couldn't go back to sleep after that. Finally around eleven, I had Sam take a hot bath, hoping it would help him go back to sleep and keep him busy long enough for me to get some work done. It worked, but I'm pretty sure he almost caught Santa making a delivery - it was close. We told Sam that Santa couldn't come until everyone was asleep. He decided to sleep in our room because he still couldn't sleep. I was asleep by midnight, Sam was still awake, watching us sleep and waiting for Santa. I know because he woke me up three more times that night. I didn't mind, I remember getting that excited when I was little.

No comments: