Sam turned 7 this week. He really wanted a police birthday party and I did plenty of online searching, but I didn't have much luck. Finally after much procrastinating, mostly because I couldn't figure out what to do, we decided to invite his friends to the Sam Birthday Party Police Academy. We sent out recruitment letters inviting his friends to our training program that began Saturday at 2 pm. The boys showed up and after signing in, each received their own uniform (T-shirt). They then followed Jeremy, our program director through training day activities which included, a physical fitness evaluation (push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks and stretching), shuttle run, target practice on the shooting range with the nerf gun and bad guy bowling. After completion of the program, they received their official Jr. Kentucky State Trooper police badge (compliments of Mr. Bruce our resident Kentucky State SWAT Team member) and a gold medal. All the cadets also received a little goodie bag that included candy, a toy dart gun, sunglasses, little plastic walkie-talkie and Sam's favorite...handcuffs (all purchased at the dollars store)! It was kind of cheesy, but I think it was the easiest birthday party I have done yet, other than the T-shirts and the stupid iron on instructions that made no sense whatsoever, but luckily Jeremy saved the day on that one. I still don't know how he got the iron on stuff to work, but after everything he did today, I am nominating him father of the year.

The Cadets

The Program Director, aka the Man Who Saved the Day

Can they pass the fitness test?

Shooting Range
Bad Guy Bowling

The Graduates
The Birthday Boy
His Assistant
The cake
5 comments:
love, love,love it sooo cute you two are sooo clever!He looks like he had a good birthday. Happy belated birthday Sam!!
Jill you guys are amazing. that is seriously one of the cutest party ideas that i have ever seen. I bet Sam's friends think that he has the coolest parents.
You always have amazing parties. Livie's tea party last year? So cute too! I was just remembering that we attended Sam's 4th bday party when Brandon was only 1 and it was that cute bug party. My kids still play with that straw hat. You are so good at parties! Btw, I cannot belive Sam is SEVEN but I guess that makes sense b/c Brandon is now 4!
That is such a cute idea for a party. I love looking at your blog and seeing how much your kids are growing. We sure love ya'll! Love, Sharon
wow! you are amazing! what a super fun and way cool party! when i have to plan a party...i'm coming to you next time!:) i know what you mean about those stupid iron ons...such a pain until you figure the dang things out...i have messed up many t-shirts!:)
Post a Comment