Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Apples

We have some wonderful neighbors who invited us over to pick some apples from their apple trees. They had given us some apples before, but after the big storm the other day, many of the apples had fallen from the trees. The kids had fun climbing the ladder and the trees, although there were so many apples on the ground that they really did not need to. I came home with 6 big bags of apples. We have been busy making applesauce, apple pie filling, dicing/slicing/freezing apples and making apple jelly.


Sam & Liv in their lovely rain boots. At least it made it easy to wash the apple mush off.

Daddy up in the tree too! (actually, he is the one that started the whole tree climbing thing)

Nettie - the kids adore her and her sister, Katie.

Nathan quickly figured out that he could eat these things. Not all of the apples on the ground were good, but of course he didn't know the difference. I know he found a few bad ones because I watched him spit them out. At first I tried to keep him from eating the apples, but I couldn't keep up with him since the apples were pretty much everywhere and if he wasn't eating them, he was throwing them. I gave him a few good apples to eat. He was nice and sticky and happy.

3 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

what nice friends! i'm sure your kids loved it! my kids love their rain boots, too...it never rains here, but at least they can play in the water/mud & just have so much fun in them!

Amy and the boys said...

I love the boots too!
Jill, that is where we should take more pictures next time I'm in town. That nice fence in the background and all the trees. Keep that in mind. :)

Kristen said...

Jill-I found your blog from Jen Mortensons..I'm so glad! Those pictures of Nathan are too cute--he is so independent!! Oh,and tell Jeremy he is my hero for last week...and I'll try to keep Connor away from his cell phone.