Liv & Sam (yes, Sam makes that face intentionally, I guess that's how he lets us know that he doesn't want his picture taken)
Liv eating breakfast with her friends
Other things going on...
Last week, I took Nate in for his speech evaluation. He will be 3 this week and although he talks a lot, he can be difficult to understand. We've only done the evaluation, and I won't get the results until the end of this month, but the therapist suggested it might be a "mechanical" problem. I wish I could remember her words exactly, but basically she thinks he is having a hard time shaping his mouth to make the different sounds. This explanation makes sense to me because he is always trying to talk, but he uses the same sounds over and over and I've noticed that he can't make certain sounds like the "z." After we get the results of his evaluation, he will start attending speech therapy, probably on a weekly basis.
As for me, my life has suddenly become incredibly hectic. Each week is filled with play group, library story times, Scouts, piano lessons, and lots of homework. By the time the kids do their chores, practice piano, complete their homework and reading, the afternoon is over. I find it funny that September & October can be such busy months, which is good. I enjoy the craziness of it and feel like my life is incredibly blessed right now. However, if any of you have any good tips on how to get an 8 year old to complete his homework without a major meltdown, I would welcome the advice.
I was released from Young Women's a few months ago and was called as the ward organist and ward bulletin specialist. I enjoy both, but I feel almost more busy now than before. I took a semester of organ class in college, but my teacher became very ill and the class was ended mid semester and that is the extent of my experience. So I've been trying to find times to go and practice, but no matter how much I practice during the week, I still get a little stage fright each Sunday, which of course leads to plenty of extra missed notes. I can't hide my mistakes on the organ like I can on the piano and it doesn't help when each mistake is incredibly loud. At least I know everyone is awake when I play the music. There's nothing like the deep vibrato of a low G, when my foot was supposed to land on that darn A.




6 comments:
I think you're doing great on the organ. Don't worry about the mistakes, at least you are brave enough to try. I was too afraid of the mistakes and never even tried. I love the ward bulletin you are doing a great job on that.
Yup, the ward bulletin is awesome, and so are you. I am so impressed with anyone who plays the organ, and you play it wonderfully. Soooo sorry to have missed the karaoke--I'm sure everybody was great.
oh my gosh I would die if i had to play the organ, too! good for you to A. accept the calling B. actually practice and C. do it! Very impressive. In our last ward our bishop's wife was the organist & she was still learning & went every morning to practice & she'd mess up off & on & her husband, the bishop, would make silly comments to us! it was HILARIOUS!
i feel so busy & hectic, too & hate the homework! let me know what works for you, too!!!:)
Is there a video of Jer doing singing?
Oh I didn't know you were released! I'm so behind on my blogs. Don't worry about your mess ups. The rest of everyone else in the congregation knows they can't even do anything on that organ so they're not judging. :)
ps I would pay money to see the karaoke incident if anyone caught it on tape!
Post a Comment