Today the kids went back to school. I was a bit sad to send them back already, this summer just seemed to fly by. Livie is a 3rd grader now and has the same teacher she had last year, which she is very happy about. Most of her friends are in her class again and the rest she will get to see at recess. We've met Sam's teacher a handful of times and I think she will be very good. It's sad to think that this will be Sam's last year in elementary school.
(Sam with his 50 lb back pack, he had a lot of supplied to bring in that morning)
A few months ago, a new family moved in across the street from us. They have been wonderful neighbors and the kids have had so much fun playing together. The kids now have bus stop buddies to ride with.
Livie insisted on wearing matching dress.
Sam's new best bud will be in his class this year too. They were able to get seats next to each other in class and they are also locker buddies. They're good boys, I hope it's a good year for all of them. These three and a handful of other boys down the street have created a little group and call themselves the "Hometown Boys." All summer long, they have been riding up down the streets on their bikes and scooters. In fact, Sam will do just about anything I ask him to do immediately if that means he can go outside with his friends. Maybe that's why I'm not ready for summer to be over. I love watching all the kids play outside.
Waiting for the bus...
1 comment:
That seems crazy that he won't be in elementary school next year! Wow.They aren't supposed to ACTUALLY grow up- just stay little and be cute!
Post a Comment