Saturday, March 31, 2012

March Happenings

March was a good month for us, but there was a lot going on. 

At the end of February, Sam received his Arrow of Light award. 



The first weekend of March, Jeremy took Sam to Corbin, KY, for an Odyssey of the Mind competition. Sam has been working with his Odyssey team at school many hours a week for the last few months. It was a great experience for him and Jeremy went to be a judge. I wish they had taken pictures, hopefully we will be able to get some from Sam's teacher. He has a WONDERFUL teacher this year. Can I just say how much I LOVE the teachers at our elementary school. 

We've had some crazy weather this year.  That weekend we had some really stormy weather, with terrible tornado's hitting the area.  We were fine, although Jeremy and Sam nearly drove straight into a few storms as they were heading to Corbin.  Funny enough, the following Monday, we had a huge snowstorm.  Shorts and T-shirts on Friday, snow pants on Monday.

Sam helped some of the kids in the neighborhood build this huge snowman. This picture was on the front page of our local newspaper.
Sam is on the bottom row on the left with his Mohawk hat on.

 

The next weekend, was Olivia's daddy daughter dance at the elementary school.  She loved having her daddy to herself for the night. 



Last year, we got 2 pet turtles. I'm not an animal lover and I'm not a fan of these little guys, but the kids love them.  They built an outside cage for their turtles to play in.  The turtles escaped a few times and I tried to encourage them to crawl away, but Sam caught them.


Every year the third graders at our school participate in a fund raiser called Art for Heart.  The kids get art lessons from a local artist and then each child paints their own canvas.  The paintings are auctioned off and the money raised goes to help the Backpack project.  Olivia named her painting "Wasatch Sunrise." 


We had a Johnsonville Sausage House Party.  Very yummy.  We made lasagna and stuffed mushrooms and had a fun game night. 


Nate and I went to Kindergarten registration.  Lots of mixed feelings on that one.  He is my little buddy and he takes such good care of me.  I know he is ready to go to school - he has reached that point where he's ready for the next challenge, but I'm going to miss this guy when he goes to school all day.  After registration, we joined Livie for lunch.


A few months ago, we started a fun tradition.  Dates with Dad.  Every Saturday, daddy takes one of us on a date, even mom gets one weekend.  Sometimes it's just running errands and other times, it's a little more special, like Chuck-E-Cheese or ice skating.  This was Liv's first time ice skating, of course Daddy was a pro. 





No comments: