Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back to School

First day of school, Fall 2012

 
Sam is off to Middle School this year.
His schedule includes Language Arts, Math, Science, PE, Orchestra
(and something else that I can't remember),
followed by Cross Country after school.
Middle school starts an hour later than then elementary school
so Sam is excited because he gets to sleep in an hour later than everyone else.
Sam also moved upstairs this week into the room where the playroom used to be,
so he now has his own room.
Bedtime is so much quieter,
actually everything is so much quieter. 
If I would have known what a difference it made,
he would have moved upstairs a long time ago.
 

Olivia is a big 4th grader this year. 
She is growing up so fast.
She is a great helper and very considerate of others.
I think she is going to have a very good year.
 
 
Nato the tornado started kindergarten. 
He is so ready.
We don't have a lot of little guys his age around here,
so hopefully he can enjoy making some new friends.
I took him to school this morning, walked him to class
and made sure he knew where to hang up his backpack,
but really he didn't need me there.
He quickly became preoccupied with his new classroom.
I had to tell him goodbye three times before I could get his attention,
I felt lucky to get a quick "bye" (not even a "bye mom")
I had a pretty good cry about it all yesterday,
so there weren't as many tears this morning.
 
So now it's just me and this little guy,
Drew is 4 months old now
He is already 14 lbs, 5 oz. and is now bald
but he is so happy and so much fun!

Now that the kids are in school,
We are going to start off with a party
...A House Party
...A Lego Duplo House Party.

No comments: