Earlier this summer, we made plans to remodel our very old kitchen (we think our cabinets were probably 50+ years old, maybe even older). We had tentatively scheduled the remodel to start Aug. 22nd, after the kids were a few weeks into school. But around the end of July, we received a phone call, our new cabinets were finished and they were hoping to install the new cabinets as soon as possible. I insisted that we wait until after school had started, so we scheduled it for Monday, Aug. 12. I knew it was only a week or two earlier than planned, but we had a lot of work to do to get ready. It helped that while I was still in Utah, Jer had taken down the upper cabinets. Friday after the kids started school, I packed up the whole kitchen and bought a lot of paper plates. I made a menu plan that included a lot of frozen waffles, chicken nuggets and sandwiches. Convenience foods all the way. I had a fridge and knew that after the first few days I would have an oven and hopefully a microwave, but it would be about a month before I had a sink and a cooktop.
Helping mom pack up the kitchen
He is great at cleaning out the cabinets.
And then Saturday morning, this happened...
We even found two types of flooring underneath
Luckily, we didn't find too many surprises.
In an 80 year old home, you never know what you may find.
1 comment:
Where are the pictures of the finished product!
Post a Comment