Spring came full force, just in time for spring break this year.


The kids were out of school last week and I could not have asked for better weather. Spring break was extra special this year because my parents came in town as well. They came in on Friday, but I didn't tell the kids they were coming. Friday, after school, I told Sam that I wanted to go do something fun that day, that maybe we could go to the zoo. Half way to the zoo (or really the airport), Sam became very puzzled as to why we would be going to the zoo when it was pouring rain outside, so I told him we should probably change our plans and go somewhere else. I then drove around like I was lost and ended up at the airport. As we neared the airport, I accidentally pulled into the taxi lane instead of the arrival lane and we drove right past my parents, but I couldn't stop where I was so we had to circle round again. The kids still didn't know that we were really there to pick up Nana and Papa, so when they looked across the street and saw them there, they were really puzzled. Olivia said "Look Sam, it's Nana." And Sam said, "it can't be Nana, it just looked like her, but mom can we go back and look at those people again?" When I pulled around again, this time in the right lane the kids were really excited. We had a fun time with Nana & Papa. We took Papa on a walking tour through our little town, showed him Sam's school, our library and Main Street. We also went to the zoo on Monday with every other person from Louisville. After talking to many friends, just about everyone I knew went to the zoo last Monday or Tuesday, but the weather was fantastic, even with chaotic parking and crowds, it was still lots of fun. During the week we took some pictures of signs of Spring. It was beautiful.


2 comments:
i am jealous of the beautiful weather. It snowed here yesterday and it is still coat weather. We have and occasional good day, but my tulips still haven't bloomed.
Jill- it is BEAUTIFUL there! I'm so happy for you. I love that tree. How soon till the kids are out of school for the summer?
Post a Comment