When Olivia got off the bus that afternoon, I just laughed. She looked so cute with her orange and black stripped witch tights and the spider hat she made at school that day. Can I just say - my kids came home with soooo much candy and that was before trick or treating even began.
In our community, there is a city ordinance that says we can only trick or treat between 5 and 7 pm. I guess that is OK, but it still seems weird to me to go trick or treating when it is still so light outside. It doesn't help that day light savings was changed last year so it stays light even longer. So the kids went around the neighborhood and had a good time. It was 70 degrees and beautiful outside which made it pleasant and they were home before dark - but so different from the trick or treating experiences I had as a child. Wasn't the flashlight part of the fun?
Sam wanted to be a soldier (I think he just wanted his face painted)
Olivia started out the Halloween season as a princess. She was a princess when we went trick or treating at the zoo and to the library Halloween party. But Halloween day, she came home from school determined to be a fairy. We actually had a fairy costume in her dress up box, so that was no big deal, but in the two years that we have had that costume, I don't think she has ever worn it and she didn't want anything to do with it. So I was a bit baffled by her sudden determination to be a fairy. But the costume change was easy and it worked out fine. She was happy and took off trick or treating. A while later, her good friend from kindergarten came trick or treating to our house, and sure enough, she was wearing a fairy costume. I just laughed so hard, all of the pieces suddenly made sense.
Not happy to be an elephant... I barely kept it on him long enough to get the picture taken. He figured out how to unzip the zipper.
2 comments:
Thats such a bummer....Trick or treating in the daylight,but it looks like the kids still had a blast......thay also look adorable in their costumes....Cute kids! We miss you guys!
I LOVE SAM IN THAT COSTUME. i miss you all. :(
Post a Comment