A few days before Christmas, we took the kids to the dollar store and let them buy a gift for each member of the family. It has become one of their favorite traditions. They get so excited and love to wrap each present themselves. The kids gave me measuring cups and a little porcelain bear. And Jeremy received...
To fully understand this picture, you would have to know my OCD husband. Obviously, my kids know what their dad likes... a Lint Roller and Smudge Cleaners for fingerprints. Of course, he loved them!
If we had been home for Christmas, we would have gone to dinner on Christmas Eve with Jeremy's extended family. On Christmas morning, we would have opened presents at our home and then gone to my parents home for Christmas breakfast. Afterwards, we would have had Christmas dinner with Jeremy's parents and finished it off with dessert at my grandparents. I know it sounds crazy and hectic, but I love every minute of it. I can't stand the thought of staying home all day on Christmas, so we tried to make the most of it. I made a Christmas breakfast of waffles, eggs and bacon. We called home, cleaned up a little, took a short nap and then headed over to Keith & Jenny's house to eat a yummy ham dinner and play games all night. It was a nice day. Sunny and bright and shared with good friends.




No comments:
Post a Comment