Every year, we go to the zoo to trick or treat. This October, we have had a lot of rain and it has been a bit cold, so I thought we lucked out when the Saturday night we had scheduled to go to the zoo was clear skies and 60 degrees. I thought we would go early, try to be some of the first ones there and beat the crowds. So did half of the city of Louisville. It has been a very long time since I have had to deal with crowds and lines and traffic like that, and I hope it is a very long time before I have to do it again. From the freeway exit, to the first piece of candy, it took almost 2 hours. The kids were troopers though and toughed it out - anything for a little candy.

Waiting in line....such enthusiasm
By the time we got to the ticket counter, poor Nate was done. Somewhere back in the line, the costume came off, then the shoes. He wanted his shirt off too, but luckily it was our turn before he managed that one. 
We saw a lot of characters there and Liv had her picture taken with a few princesses.Unfortunately, I wasn't organized enough at this point to have everyone's costumes ready, but the kids had plenty of dress up to choose from. I think Nate & Liv changed their costumes 3 different times over the course of the month and Sam had 2 change-ups.
The next weekend, we attended our ward's annual Halloween party and trunk-or-treat.
Sam (Darth Vader) & his posse
At the ward Halloween party, Jeremy & Liv won a contest - Jer had to use toilet paper and wrap her up like a mummy. They were the fastest, so Liv won a gift card to Wal-mart.


The youth did a carnival for the kids. On this game, they tried to knock out Goliath with a marshmallow. And then there was Face Painting...







2 comments:
I love the ric rac on Liv's costume. How cute! Brandon was also Darth Vader. My kids had so many opportunities to dress up this year that they kept changing their minds as well!
so so so cute! I love their costumes!
Post a Comment