Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Last Day of School

It started to feel like it would never happen, but finally
SCHOOL IS OUT!!
I don't know who is more relieved, the kids or me.


Sam completed 3rd grade with Ms. Armes. We will miss her. He was lucky enough to have her as a teacher for 1st grade and 3rd grade. She expects a lot from these kids, but she also knows how to help them enjoy themselves. On field day, I went to help out at the school. When her class came along, I think they had more fun than any other class that day. Sam finished the year out strong by bringing home a report card with straight A's (we are proud that he accomplished his goal), as well as rewards for his excellent performance in Spanish, Library and PE. I feel a little sad when I think that Sam is already heading into 4th grade.


We were so lucky to have Ms. Mason for Olivia's 1st grade teacher (my kids have had some really great teachers). When Olivia got off the bus on the last day of school, she just cried and cried, she loves Ms. Mason so much. Liv asked the principal if Ms. Mason could teach 2nd grade next year. He told her "We could consider that" and then she went around telling everyone that he was considering it (starting a good rumor in the hopes that it will come true). Olivia also did very well this year. She received the Principal's Award. Sam has earned this award the past two years and Olivia was excited to finally earn one of her own. This is an honor given to the top male and female student in each class for each grade. We're so proud of this girl! She's been so diligent in doing her homework each night and takes a lot of pride in doing a good job.

1 comment:

Ashley Rv said...

woohoo! Schools out for summer! I love summer vacation I think though Im more excited for Matt to be out than I am for the kids. lol!