Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fun in the Fall



At 7 months old, this little guy is as happy as ever. 
He started crawling (just in time for the Christmas tree to go up)
and doesn't hide his enthusiasm for his newly found Independence. 
He has also become a world class beggar
(thanks to Papa for letting him have a taste of just about everything).
This boy loves food.

Date night with mom & dad,
this boy loves his dad.
 
The week before Thanksgiving, we put up our Christmas tree and decorations. 
Nate was home sick that day and was a great helper. 
(I know, I know, we put our Christmas tree up early,
but my parents were coming to visit the next week,
and I love the extra festive feel it gives our home for the holidays
and it sure makes December a lot less chaotic).
 
Drew's 1st Thanksgiving
He didn't want pictures, he just wanted to touch everything
This boy enjoyed his sweet potatoes and even a taste of cranberry sauce.
 
Later that weekend, (after I recovered from 12 hours of Black Friday bliss)
we took the kids to the Falls of the Ohio.
I had never been there before, but really enjoyed it.
The kids saw a few fossils and hiked along the Ohio river.
I can't wait to go back when the weather is a little better. 
 

 


After hiking all afternoon, we had to stop for dessert at a Louisville favorite,
Lynn's Paradise Cafe.
 


We must have spent an hour in the gift shop alone,
we found some great things...Bacon flavored dental floss......
Pickle flavored breath mints,
We couldn't find the Emergency Underpants in a Can...
so we settled on Cat Food Scented Soap.
Enough of the gray skies, I am ready for some sun!

No comments: