(Warning, this post includes a lot of pictures)
We finally did it...
We finally did it...
We have been dreaming of this day for 6 years
(yes we have lived in this home that long
and we have lived in Kentucky for even longer)
Our poor kitchen was long overdue for a face lift
Our only fully working appliance was the fridge
Everything else had been hanging in there for
years longer than it should have (big tithing blessing).
I realized as I was looking for the before pictures,
that I really didn't have any.
I wasn't very fond of our old kitchen and tried to avoid
taking any pictures, but here are a few from the archives...
Our only fully working appliance was the fridge
Everything else had been hanging in there for
years longer than it should have (big tithing blessing).
I realized as I was looking for the before pictures,
that I really didn't have any.
I wasn't very fond of our old kitchen and tried to avoid
taking any pictures, but here are a few from the archives...
the beginning of the tear down
DAY 1
Monday, August 12, 8:05 AM
We had reviewed the drawings and looked at examples in the showroom,
but we still weren't sure what we were going to get.
When the cabinetry arrived, they were even prettier than I had imagined.
I was so excited, (maybe I even cried a little).
The wait was worth it,
we went with a small local custom cabinet maker and he did a fantastic job.
End of Day 1!
By the end of day 2, I had an oven, microwave, fridge and a dishwasher,
but No Sink.
Even with using paper plates and cups, it was harder than I thought it would be.
Especially trying to clean a high chair tray multiple times a day.
I didn't mind the minimal cooking for those 4 weeks,
and little to no daily dishes :)
We ate a lot of toaster waffles and pizza.
By the end, it was nice to be able to cook again.
It was almost 4 weeks before the sink was installed.
This poor kid was a trooper. This week was hard on him.
The older kids were gone to school all day,
but this guy was pretty much locked up in the family room for the week.
There were too many tools and things for him to get into.
Thank goodness for Netflix and Jake & the Neverland Pirates
When he did break free,
He had a lot of fun exploring all the new drawers
A few days later, the counter top people came and did the template.
And then we got to wait and wait and wait...
The day they installed the counter tops,
it was a little stinky and dusty in the house
Nate was prepared.
And with the counter tops came my new sink :)
It's finally done!
It took about 2 months from the tear out to completion.
It was well worth it,
but I am so glad that it is over.

3 comments:
Love your new kitchen!!!
I love your new kitchen!
love your kitchen!
Post a Comment