How did December go by so fast this year?
After Nana and Papa left, we tried to get back to the grind,
but then the snow days started...
(confession... I love snow days, it's nice to have a reason to sleep in,
and I like it when the kiddos are home with me)
This is how we play in the snow in KY,
(maybe that is grass poking through the snow,
and maybe there isn't really enough to make a snowman,
but it's a fun reason to drink hot chocolate)
And then there was the morning I walked out the door to take the kids to school
only to find a cat stuck on our roof.
Our roof is really high,
there is a tree next to the house, but that cat would have had
to jump a good 6+ feet to get from the roof to the tree.
I tried to call animal control - but apparently we don't have one
I tried the Humane Society, they told me to call the fire dept.
It didn't feel enough like an emergency to make that phone call.
I don't really like animals, but I really don't like cats
but this poor cat was crying like crazy...Ugh
Before Sam left for school, I made him help me
We have a skylight on the side of the house,
We opened the skylight and held a box under the window
until he finally dared to climb through.
We slammed the box shut and carried him outside to set him free.
The next afternoon, we saw the cat creeping around our house again,
and you wonder why I don't like cats?
Last day of school before winter break
Over winter break, we had our baking day
Look who's faking
And photo bomber strikes again...
Sam's room is in the finished part of the attic,
so the kids slept up there so they could be sure to hear the reindeer
Because this boy doesn't make enough weird noises as it is
Liv wanted to trick her brother,
since he likes to investigate the wrapped presents so thoroughly.
She gave him a wallet, but wrapped in a toilet bowl cleaner box
with cans of food so it would be heavy.
And Sam gave Liv a Taylor Swift notebook
Merry Christmas 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment