Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Wrap-up

Drew fell asleep reading a book. 

But the next night, someone really didn't want to go to bed,
I guess it is easy to see which parent is wrapped around this kids finger. 

No school = Zoo day!
Drew's favorite place (and mom's too). 
 
Riding the "Big Pig"
 
Nate earned his Wolf badge

and Livie had her end of year middle school choir performance. 

To earn money for girls camp,  the young women hosted a spaghetti dinner and bake sale.   Liv made two of these cake pop bouquets, cinnamon rolls,  and a gigantic cookie cake.  Her goodies made over $100, enough to cover the cost of her camp fees :)

Nate was speedy quick playing soccer,

but still had plenty of energy to tease his sister
before church...he found a big long nasty
worm and stuck it on her door handle...gross!

On Mother's day,  the kids surprised me with a spa.   On the other side was a foot bath,  mini  chocolates, a diet coke and 3 happy kids waiting to give me a foot rub... 
it was wonderful (except that daddy managed to get a foot rub too)!

Olivia's community children's choir had their spring performance at the First Christian Church.  She was very excited to perform her solos and she did a great job. 

Drew and I chaperoned the 6th grade field trip to the Solato Wilderness Center

and stayed for the picnic after
where we learned a clever way to take pictures of someone without them noticing. 

Jer and the scouts did a 10 mile hike in Red River Gorge.

Sam earned his hiking merit badge. 
Almost done with all the merit badges 
required for Eagle. 

Liv had another choir performance. 
This time at the new outlet mall,
I love how close it is to us. 

Cub Scouts cleaning up the neighborhood,

and someone has now lost three teeth in the past month!
 
I can't believe we have a 14 year old. 
Sam was our first Mother's Day present,
he was actually born on Mother's Day.

Chocolate + ice cream = his perfect cake.


Nate made Sam a special gun with his legos. 

 


This kid worked very hard this year,
I am so very proud of him.   The school had a very nice 8th grade promotion assembly,  but he wouldn't let me take his picture until we got home.


And then there was the last day of school...

I wasn't sure we were going to make it through that week, I was so burned out.   Jer took his Long-Term Care Administrator board/license exam that week (and passed) :)!
By the last day of school we were dragging ourselves out of bed.  

1st day vs. last day


 
 And can I just say how grateful I am for wonderful teachers.  I loved Nate's teacher this year.   We are going to miss her.

No comments: