I have had a hard time getting excited for Halloween this year.
The older kids didn't seem to notice, especially Sam,
(Sam and I have zero desire to dress up in costume),
But, Drew really caught the Halloween spirit this year.
This kid loves spooky stuff & Halloween.
He is especially fascinated by skeletons.
He kept telling everyone he was going to be a "spooky scary skeleton" for Halloween
(but I already had a pirate costume picked out for him).
I caved and found this costume for him.
I'm so glad I did. He loved being a skeleton.
He wore it every day, and kept asking me to take his picture.
He was pretty excited to go Trick or Treating.
Halloween day started with the 1 mile Tiger Trot race at the elementary school.
Last year, Nate ran in the K-2nd grade race and won 1st place.
When he found out he was going to be racing 5th graders in the 3rd-5th grade race,
he was pretty discouraged and decided he didn't want to race.
It took a lot of coaxing to get him out there,
but he did well.
3rd place for the boys!!!
Our Halloween festivities started at the church for some Trunk or Treating.
Then we came home and had our traditional Papa Murphy's pumpkin pizza,
then the kids headed out for Trick or Treating (with umbrellas).
Luckily the heavy rain didn't start until after we got home.
The scariest house of the night.
There was even a giant mummy in the door.
Drew calls it the haunted house now.
Halloween was also the day for Cross Country Regionals,
Sam was in the top ten and went as an alternate.
He didn't race, but his team did very well and will be headed to State next week.
Sam was gone all day and missed Trunk or Treating and most of
Trick or Treating, so he didn't dress up this year.
He still managed to scrounge up a lot of candy (stolen from his brothers bags)!
Photo of the week:
Drew trying to stick his toes in daddy's face while telling him
"Smell my victory"






No comments:
Post a Comment