This afternoon, our family sat down to have a quiet time and watch a nice movie together. We watched my favorite movie of all time, It's A Wonderful Life. I can't really think of a better movie to watch over the Thanksgiving weekend. It's a great Christmas movie to bring in the holiday season and it has such a great story line that really puts everything into perspective. I really do have a wonderful life. I have faith. What a strength it is to know that I never have to face life alone. I have been blessed with a great husband who loves me and always puts me first. I have been blessed with the opportunity to raise three beautiful children who are healthy and clever and full of love and laughter. I have wonderful parents who have given me the world. I was never hungry, cold or in want. You taught me the importance of education, family and what love is really all about. With you, I was always safe and I know that no matter what happens, that will never change. I am grateful for my in-laws. You raised a wonderful son. You taught him to be independent, responsible and a good father and you have welcomed me and loved me as your own. I have fantastic brothers, brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law. You are the hardest part about living so far from home. I have been blessed with many opportunities to spend time with my grandparents and really learn from them. They have a rich history and they always have a way of making me feel like I am someone extra special. I am grateful for good teachers who have expanded my horizons.
I am grateful for my friends. You are generous and thoughtful and I am better because of you. You feed me, sometimes literally, but your goodness feeds my spirit and inspires me to be better. Actually you give me hope that maybe I'm really an OK person and you make me want to be better. At the end of the day, it's really all about the people in our lives. "Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends."
I am grateful for my friends. You are generous and thoughtful and I am better because of you. You feed me, sometimes literally, but your goodness feeds my spirit and inspires me to be better. Actually you give me hope that maybe I'm really an OK person and you make me want to be better. At the end of the day, it's really all about the people in our lives. "Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends."
2 comments:
I love this post. You are an amazing person!
Jill, your post is so thoughtful, and well said. It's nice having time to reflect on all that we have to be thankful for!
Post a Comment