Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Parade

Saturday morning, our little town had a Christmas parade. It was so much fun! It was a freezing cold morning of 29 degrees, so we bundled the kids up warm and walked up the street to watch the parade. I pulled out my camera only to find that my battery was dead, so I don't have any pictures. The parade started with a mile long entourage of fire trucks, lights, sirens and all. Yes, it is comforting to know that our county fire department is so well stocked. Sam went crazy, he loves the firemen. The fire trucks were followed by a mile worth of tractors, including the biggest tractor I have ever seen. Yes, once again, Sam went crazy. The parade included Mary and Joseph with a donkey, as well as a nativity scene. It was nice to see the important stuff included too. The kids thought the best part was the candy. Every float had candy, it was like Halloween all over again.
After the parade, we headed over to the county library to see Santa. We received a nice Polaroid snapshot. (Nathan was home sleeping)

Aren't kids supposed to look happy when they meet Santa? Sam was concerned about the authenticity of this particular Santa. Earlier Santa appeared in the parade, but the kids were not impressed. Olivia informed me that the parade Santa was not the real Santa because he did not have a long enough beard. Sam didn't think the real Santa was going to be at the library either, so we warned him to be careful, otherwise he might be disappointed Christmas morning. After we finally met Santa, we never finished our discussion as to whether this was the real Santa or not. I didn't want to go anywhere near that conversation again, but I think their expressions say it all.

6 comments:

Ashley Rv said...

I love this picture!It cracks me up! If it were my kids I would have one screaming cause of excitement 1 screaming because he's been naughty, another because shes scared and the other because its not mom. So I love this both looking at the camera without screaming, I think its great.

Amy McKinney said...

How much fun. Kids make Christmas so much better. I remember when I found out the truth about Santa, I still didn't want to believe it. I Was sure that Santa was real. I didn't know how, but I knew he had to be real.

Jen said...

How nice that your town makes it so magical. Despite the pictures, I'm sure your kids ate it up. They do, however crack me up. I too, try and stay away from any conversation dealing with Santa's authenticity.

Amy and the boys said...

What's the truth about Santa?! :|

Ashley Rv said...

hey this is matt(believe it or not), love the pic, and a......your still buttheads for moving!!! we miss you very much and can't wait to see you again.

Amy and the boys said...

Ok, your adoring fans need new pictures!!!