Funny sayings
I may be an isolated case here, but I remember hearing things differently as a kid and my kids seem to have inherited some of that. Here is a conversation Livie had with her dad the other day"
Livie: "Dad, will you take me to the Dollar Treatment today?"
Dad: "you mean the Dollar Tree?"
Livie: "no, it's the Dollar Treatment store."
Dad: "no, I'm pretty sure it's called the Dollar Tree"
Livie: "no, it's not."
She is still determined that it is the Dollar Treatment. Although, I think she can read the word tree now, so she will figure it out soon enough. Last week she was singing "We wish you a pretty Christmas" and "Good tithing's we bring." And the other holidays in December are Kwanzaa and "Harmonica." Sam on the other had, always used that extra "L" in his words. He has grown out of it for the most part, but for a long time it was "plano," or "compluter." He still says "sol" instead of "saw" and he writes it that way too. Before Sam started Kindergarten, he had a fascination with the dwarfs from Snow White, especially Doc. In fact he was Doc for Halloween that year. Sam has great imagination and loves pretend play. He would take his blocks and have us hide them. Then he would take his toy hammer to go mining for Diamonds. Back then, Olivia used to call it playing "Snow Wipe" and the "Seven Doors." Sam would be Doc and she would be "Dooey." Kids come up with the funniest things. I need to write them down more so I can remember them.
One more... tonight during family home evening, we had a lesson on healthy behaviors and the Word of Wisdom. After the lesson, we played a game. Each person had a word and tried to get the others to guess what the word was without telling them the actual word. Livie's clue: "This is something that is bad for our bodies and daddy really likes it." After a few more questions, she told us the word was "tobacco." Jer loves spicy food and puts "Tabasco" on just about everything. She thought "tobacco" and "Tabasco" were the same thing.
1 comment:
That's awesome. You gotta tell Jeremy to cut back. ;)
Post a Comment