Spring Break was busy, busy, busy. We finally took my parents to the Derby Museum. They had never been there before, so it was about time. But just a note - don't ever go 3 weeks before Derby. I tried to do my homework before we went hoping to see a live horse race, I have yet to see one. The online schedule said there was racing scheduled that afternoon so we raced to get there on time, only to find that it was a simul-cast race (did I even spell that right). They don't start live racing until the end of April. We were a little disappointed but we jumped in for the tour around Churchill Downs. The last time I went on this tour, it was fall time, and not very crowded. We had an excellent tour guide and learned lots of fun details. This time, however, the museum was plenty crowded and much of the grounds were closed off to the tour group because they were getting ready for the Derby. We still had fun and we were able to see some beautiful tulips.


No comments:
Post a Comment