Friday, April 17, 2009

Sin City Math & A Birdhouse

For the past two weeks, Livie has been coming home from school and begging to play a computer game called "Sin City Math." Is it just me, or does that just raise images of Vegas and gambling tables. I really like her teacher and this type of game seemed a bit uncharacteristic of what I would normally expect from the school. I just told Livie no, that she could play something else, but sure enough, she would relentlessly ask again the next day. So last week we went to a family math night at the kid's school. It was great - they fed us Little Caesar's pizza (I love it when I don't have to worry about dinner) and the kids learned some fun math games. The school has been utilizing a lot of computer software to help the kids in learning, which I think is great, plus the kids love it. During math night, the teachers were showing us some of the math software the kids have been using, one of the games is called "Symphony Math" - and it all clicked - that sounds so much more wholesome than "Sin City Math." Maybe it is time to get some little ears cleaned out.

A few weeks ago, Liv painted this birdhouse. We haven't seen any birds move in yet, but I think it is because her brother keeps climbing the tree and disturbing it. Unfortunately, I don't know very much about birds and birdhouses. Any ideas on how to get an occupant?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy and the boys said...

Hahaha that sin city thing is hilarious. I thought maybe it was like Oregon Trail but for the 21st century. I have no idea about the birdhouse. I've had one next to my feeder for a year and nothing. :( Let me know if you're successful!