When Sam & Liv got off the bus today, I had a nice afternoon snack waiting for them (we had a friend over as well that afternoon). While they were at school, I decorated a "cake" - well, I decorated an empty box to look like a cake. I even made brownies at the same time so the house smelled like chocolate. Unfortunately, the kids didn't fall for my April Fools Joke as well as I had hoped. First of all, they knew something was up when I let them have cake in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. I also made the mistake of telling Liv that she could cut the cake herself - and since I never let her use the big knives, they really knew something was up. They figured it was an April Fool's joke before they fell for my joke, but oh well, it was still a fun surprise.

No comments:
Post a Comment