Sunday, October 31, 2010

The first October Recap

The first weekend in October was General Conference.  Since we can no longer get Conference on TV, we usually watch it online.  Or should I say, I stay home and watch it online.  Jeremy prefers to get dressed up and go to the church.  He doesn't mind that I stay home, especially since I keep the noise makers home with me.  I've really struggled to find ways to make it special and to keep everyone's attention.  This year we tried the King Benjamin tent idea.  The kids loved the idea to begin with, they talked about it all week.   We started off great and I was prepared with lunch and Conference Bingo.  Unfortunately, our tent idea only lasted about 45 minutes - and took just as long to clean up (No bonus points for reverence either).

During October the kids also had a week off for Fall Break.  The first two days I had lots of projects to get caught up on, so we stayed in our pj's more than I care to admit.  The kids love to build tents and since we had an extra table and chair set in the dinning room (more on that later) I gave them a few sheets, clothes pins and some rope.  It kept them busy for a very long time, then they had lunch and watched a movie inside. 



We spent a day at the Science Center



And went Trick or Treating at the Louisville Zoo... To avoid crowds, we went earlier this year.  It was worth it, although it didn't feel as festive with so much daylight left.




No comments: