Liv and I were talking the other night.
She told me if someone were to ask her what she did this summer,
it would be easy to answer....
She felt like she had spent her summer in the car.
It really wasn't as bad as that, but there were a few road trips.
We had lots of fun and it went by way too fast and after updating our blog,
I know why I was so exhausted by the time the kids went back to school.
The kids only had about 8 weeks off this summer and not once did I hear them say they were bored.
We took Nate roller skating for the first time.
Liv & Sam had gone with their dad a few times for their daddy dates and Nate was begging to try it. It was fun, he caught on quick.
I just sat with Drew on the sidelines.
Maybe I'm not feeling so adventurous these days,
but really I didn't feel the need to humiliate myself or the kids!
Nate finished another year of soccer.
I love the sweaty head.
He's a bit competitive (we don't know where he gets it from)?
Sam and his buddy had their 'Crossing Over' ceremony leaving the Cub Scout program to officially enter the Boy Scout program.
Sam went to Scout Camp for the first time. He didn't like it much to begin with, but by the end of the week, he had made a few friends and started to enjoy himself more. Of course it helped that he had some wonderful Scout leaders and a few good friends to enjoy it with.
I drove the boys to Scout camp one day. We decided to go shoe shopping at the Zappos Outlet in Sheperdsville, and stopped for breakfast on the way. Mixed reviews on the outlet, though I did find one great deal.
Jeremy took the kids to Dayton, OH to go to the National Air Force Museum.
Every week since Nate has asked if we could go back.
A few months ago, we were able to attend the temple sealing of some good friends.
We believe that when a marriage is sealed in the temple, that marriage and family will last through eternity. The temple sealing is performed by a temple sealer who usually gives a few words of counsel. He reminded us of the importance of those "Oh Goody" moments - those times when things go wrong and you can either cry and fight, or look at each other and say "Oh Goody,"and figure things out together and look for the possible good and blessings that can come from those trials. Well, last winter we had an "Oh Goody" moment when we found out the transmission was going out on our car. Sure enough, prayers were answered and everything worked out so we could get the car fixed right before our summer vacation.
But, just to make sure things were good with our brand new engine, we decided to give it a trial run and take a small road trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum.
Liv didn't get to go with us the first time,
and we wanted to see the new Hot Wheels exhibit.
We are just waiting for some cousins to come visit us so we can take them there.
On the drive home, we stopped for lunch and ran into Liv's first grade teacher, Ms. Mason. We still love Ms. Mason and think she is one of the best teachers ever.
We also discovered some hidden family talent...
Maybe someday he will become a famous tour guide
and take me on a trip around the world. We can start in Australia :)





No comments:
Post a Comment