Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bountiful parade

On the 24th of July, the Utah state holiday, I took the kids to the parade. We packed a little picnic and met Matt & Ashley with their kids. I am all about parades & fireworks, however, we didn't stay for the fireworks that night. I wasn't up to it with 3 kids by myself and they were ready for bed long before 10:00 came. The parade was supposed to start at 6:00, so we found a nice shady spot to eat our dinner. By the time the parade reached us, 45 minutes later, the sun had moved and we were in compete sunlight. It was one of the hotter days of my trip.

Living in Kentucky, we have actually been to the home where Col. Saunders and his wife, Claudia lived. There is a restaurant there and the funny thing is that it tastes just like KFC, only it is served on china.

Celebrating the handcart pioneers

Posted by Picasa

No comments: