Sam's birthday was extra special this year because Jeremy's parents were able to fly in for the weekend. Of course that meant there were a few extra details to take care of, and I almost forgot to make the cake. The night before, it dawned on me and I asked Sam what kind of cake he wanted. Of course he requested a fancy elaborate cake, which I couldn't possibly put together at the last minute. I told him I was just going to make him a chocolate cake. He was okay with that, but I felt guilty that I had been so unprepared. Thank goodness for the Internet, that night after a quick online search, I found a camouflage cake - Sam loves soldier stuff and he was really excited so I didn't feel like such a terrible mother after all. I have no cake decorating background whatsoever, so I feel very accomplished any time I can come up with anything other than a basic chocolate cake. My in-laws came a half an hour later and we had Sam's favorite - KFC for dinner.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Sam turn's 8
Sam turned 8 years old this year. It's a big deal for us. Now that he is 8 he gets to choose whether or not he wants to be baptized (which we are happy to say he will be in July so we will have his baptism in Utah when we go to visit our family this summer). It also means that he will now be attending Cub Scouts which he is very excited about.
The next day, Grandma & Grandpa took Sam birthday shopping. He really wanted some spy gear, but the toys he wanted were no longer available to buy in store. He found some Lego's instead. You would have never known that this was his second choice toy. For almost 3 days, he wouldn't sleep, eat, or do anything except play with his Lego's. Lucky for Sam, Jeremy is patient and had LOTS of fun putting his Star Wars starship together for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment