Monday, May 18, 2009

A visit with Grandma & Grandpa

#1 reason why I like living 1600 miles away
from Grandma & Grandpa:
  • When they come to visit, we get them all to ourselves

#1 reason why I hate living 1600 miles away

from Grandma & Grandpa:

  • Having to say goodbye... and the empty feeling our house has afterwards.
The last day that my in-laws were here, the kids had school & Jer was at work, so I had them all to myself. My father-in-law helped me figure out how to use my wheat grinder, he is quite the expert on healthy cooking. My mother-in-law gave me a lesson on cooking fried chicken, zucchini & potatoes. I've never done a lot of cooking in oil, so it was nice to have a lesson and someone there to show me the process. She also shared some of her tried and true recipes. Sam's favorite food right now is fried chicken and he seems to love the homemade stuff as much as the restaurant kind.

Livie spending time with Grandma & Grandpa

No comments: