Nate found a dead worm and wanted to share the discovery with us. Later that night, when it was about time to go inside, Sam wanted to take one last spin around the block so I said I would take him. I had watched Nate follow Jeremy and Livie into the backyard and let them know I was leaving for just a second. When I returned, Nate had disappeared. We started looking everywhere, thinking it hadn't been more than 3 or 4 minutes so he couldn't have gone very far. Sure enough after a brief moment of panic, my neighbor came walking up the sidewalk with our little explorer in her arms. She was at a dinner party over two blocks away and found him wandering. I have no idea how he could have gone so far in such a short amount of time - I'm glad she was there because I would not have thought to look that far for him! Yesterday Nate grabbed a screw driver out of our gadget drawer and started pretending to fix things. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I found out that he had unscrewed the faceplate on the family room light switch. I can't keep up with that boy, every day we seem to have a new "Nate situation." It's a good thing he is so cute and gives such good hugs.
The Day Lillies in bloom





No comments:
Post a Comment