A couple of weeks ago I told Jill that I would like to take the kids to a Reds game. Sam and I had a lot of fun attending a game last year together so it was time to get Olivia into the mix. Since Louisville does not have a pro team we have adopted the Cincinnati Reds as our local MLB team to cheer for (we do have the Louisville Riverbats "Bats" which is the AAA team for the Reds). So last night me, Sam, Olivia and Brandon and his two boys went to Cinci to watch the Reds vs Chicago White Sox. Aside from the 80+ degree weather coupled with 75% humidity everyone had a great time! The kids enjoyed the sights and sounds of the game, the snacks, pics with the mascots, souvenir Reds wristbands, singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" in the 7th inning stretch AND they even saw a home run ball land in the stands not too far from them! However, the most exciting part of the game was the adventure that Brandon and I went through to get tickets. We had planned on purchasing 5$ tickets at the game and then moving down into the empty seats, but when we arrived at the ticket kiosk to purchase our tickets the machine said that all the 5$ tickets were sold out. So we then turned to the next best source...scalpers! Lucky for us we were able to find two different scalpers and six 5$ dollar tickets (actually they were 14$ tickets for the bargin price of 5$ each). After getting into the game we were able to find some great seats about 25 rows back right off the 3rd baseline. Needless to say the kids probably didn't care where they sat as long as they had snacks, but Brandon and I enjoyed the game. After the game we stayed for the fireworks show (it was 'Friday Night Fireworks') it was fun spending time with the kids while watching the fireworks explode over the stadium. It looks like the kids and I will be attending more Reds games in the future. Livie said, "Dad, we should do this every Friday night, I'm a real big Reds fan ya-know".
Great American Ball Park


1 comment:
looks like fun! Jaxon would be so jealous!
Post a Comment