When I was in college, one of my favorite indulgences after a very late night of studying would be to go to the gas station on the corner and get a hot chocolate. It's been years since I have done that, but this weekend I had some extra milk that I needed to use and I found this hot chocolate recipe that tasted just like the gas station stuff. It's a little more work than the instant packets you can buy at the grocery store, but I think it's worth it. The smell alone is a heavenly chocolate smell. So I wanted to share...
Hot Cocoa (4 servings)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup Cocoa
1/3 cup water
Mix together in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Boil & stir for 2 minutes, then add
4 cups milk
Continue cooking until milk has warmed, but do not let it boil (although I did by accident and it still tasted fine).
Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Serve.
2 comments:
Our run was always to Taco Bell, but I fully support hot chocolate runs as well. Adam doesn't understand why I like the McDonald's hot chocolate so much, especially in the middle of summer.
I'll have to try this when the temperature drops a tad. I'm not complaining though. :)
Post a Comment