On July 7th we left Louisville to head out West for our annual summer vacation. Jer had to stay behind and work and I wasn't crazy about driving the whole distance with just me and the kids, so my mom kindly offered to fly out and drive back with me. The only problem was she was using a free ticket and the restrictions would not allow her to fly into Louisville during the week we were trying to leave. To tell you how wonderful my mom is she flew into St. Louis, where we stopped to pick her up at the airport and then we got right back on the freeway and headed straight to Salt Lake City. She is a great traveling companion and it was so nice having my mom there to help me. We did the drive in two days. On the second day, we needed to stop for a break so we decided to stop at Fort Cody in North Platte, Nebraska. It was a neat little place and side adventure for the kids. I'm glad we stopped. On the front door, I found the sign...Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Fort Cody
On July 7th we left Louisville to head out West for our annual summer vacation. Jer had to stay behind and work and I wasn't crazy about driving the whole distance with just me and the kids, so my mom kindly offered to fly out and drive back with me. The only problem was she was using a free ticket and the restrictions would not allow her to fly into Louisville during the week we were trying to leave. To tell you how wonderful my mom is she flew into St. Louis, where we stopped to pick her up at the airport and then we got right back on the freeway and headed straight to Salt Lake City. She is a great traveling companion and it was so nice having my mom there to help me. We did the drive in two days. On the second day, we needed to stop for a break so we decided to stop at Fort Cody in North Platte, Nebraska. It was a neat little place and side adventure for the kids. I'm glad we stopped. On the front door, I found the sign...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow you are so brave to do that drive with the kids- even WITH your mom! Glad it worked out and you got to go be with family for the month. That sign is hilarious. We have a southern cookin restaurant close by that has a sign that reads: Unruly children will be deep fried. I read it to Brandon and he was on his best behavior!
Post a Comment