Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sam's Speical Day

On Saturday, July 11th, Sam was baptized in Bountiful, Utah by his Father. It was a really nice day. The grandpa's had the honor of speaking and they both gave wonderful talks. It was so nice to have family there to share that day with us, I don't take that for granted anymore. I am so proud of Sam and the choice he made, especially the mature and responsible way that he has treated this commitment. He works so hard to be a good person and make good choices each day. He's a hard worker and he loves to do nice things for other people. Olivia & Nate are his constant shadows and they both adore him, but he treats them so well. He is such a blessing to our family.

Sam with Grandma-Great (Jeremy's Grandma)

Sam with Grammie (my grandma)

My children have been fortunate to know 3 of their great-grandmother's. Talk about being loved & spoiled, but it's a very good thing.

Sam with Nana & Papa

(at some point during the day, my camera received a smudge on the lens. Unfortunately I didn't know this until I got home and uploaded all of my pictures onto my computer. Most of my pictures from this summer have an unfortunate smudge on the right hand side. Jeremy was appalled that it took me so long to notice, he of course would never have let something like that happen....one of the many reasons why I can't live without him.)

After Sam's baptism, we went over to Jeremy's parents house for a surprise birthday party for my mother-in-law. She was turning 60! I guess I probably shouldn't advertise that online, but I think it is wonderful. Especially because she looks so good, that nobody would have been able to guess it was her party we were celebrating. She is always smiling and knows how to have fun. It was such a great day. We had a great BBQ under the newly completed gazebo and the kids were in their swimsuits again (big surprise). We got to see lots of family, including my brothers-in-law and their girlfriends and it was nice to have a day to get caught up with everyone.

2 comments:

Amy and the boys said...

It's so hard to believe he's that old. He'll be in high school before you know it!

Jill said...

It really hit me the other day when I realized that in 10 years, he will be 18 and done with high school already.