Thursday, July 24, 2008

How We Spent Our Summer Vacation

So around the beginning of July, we left town to head home and visit our families. Jeremy was only able to stay for about 10 days and I have been lucky enough to stay with the kids for most of the month of July. We have had so much fun. We have visited friends, grandparents, favorite stores (not available in Kentucky) and we have had a lot of fun playing. I have a million pictures and so many fun things to write about. We have done lots of swimming, I got the tan I wanted, though it took me many days to get it without burning. I finally finished Eclipse, the 3rd Stephenie Meyers book, and my favorite so far. We went to Hogle zoo, Lagoon, boating at Bear Lake and Pine View. I even did some canning for my food storage, for which I owe many people a huge thanks. We have a new little cousin and another little one that we met for the first time this summer. Baby showers, birthday parties, and lots of play time with cousins. I had my first and second crochet lesson from my Grandma (the 2nd lesson was just a repeat of the first - I think there is no hope for me there). The worst part is that I have become very comfortable staying up late and sleeping in a little on the mountain time zone. I am not looking forward to readjusting to the Eastern time zone, especially since the kids start school in a week and a half and we have to be ready to catch the bus by 7 AM (no lie).


So for those of you who may be interested, did I mention I have a million pictures?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am interested - bring the photos on! Sounds like you had a great time, full of many memorable experiences. Uust what the heart needs, right?